How To Flatten Acrylic Nail Brush
Acrylic nail brushes come in different sizes, shapes, and quality. But no matter the shape of your brush, a time will come when it won't be as sleek as it used to be.
As a nail technician, your brush is the most important arsenal in your toolbox. The shape and condition of the brush will greatly determine how the finished acrylic nail will look like.
But, you can't keep throwing away all your brushes at the slightest hint of stray hairs. This is why you must know how to reshape and flatten your brush for longevity.
Keep reading and I will show you exactly how to flatten and crimp your acrylic nail brush.
Flattening Your Acrylic Nail Brush
So, you got a flat or oval brush that's no longer flat and you are tempted to throw it in the dump. Wait, there's good news for you 😊.
Flattening your acrylic nail brush is quite easy. You will need:
1. The nail brush in need of flattening.
2. Some water in a dappen dish or little bowl.
3. A bar soap (does not have to be new).
4. Paper towel or lint-free cloth.
1. Dip the brush in water and run the bristles along the length of the dappen dish or bowl to get rid of the excess droplets.
2. Rub the brush on the bar soap in a back and forth motion. Because you are trying to make it flat, you should only rub the brush on the soap along the two opposite sides of the brush.
Initially, the process will feel slippery because of the moisture on the brush. It will eventually get more difficult to glide your brush along the surface of the soap. When you notice this, continue the gliding process for an extra minute.
Tip: If it is a round brush, roll it over the soap on all sides to get a pointed tip.
3. Dip the brush in the water and wipe it down on the paper towel.
Repeat steps 2 and 4 at least 3 times.
4. If you notice that the brush is fanning out too much, use the tips of your fingers to bring the edges closer.
5. Set the brush on a flat surface to dry overnight. Repeat this process every day for 3-7 days as shown in the video below.
6. Dip the brush in water and allow it to sit for some seconds to get rid of the soap. Don't forcefully wash it out.
7. Dip it in monomer then wipe it in the same direction and allow it to dry before storing your brush.
How To Flatten Your Acrylic Nail Brush Using Hot Water
An alternative means to flattening your brush is by using boiling water.
1. Boil a cup of water in a kettle.
2. Transfer the water to a heat resistant bowl.
3. Dip your brush in the water for 30-60 seconds.
4. Run it on the towel in a back and forth motion, using the tips of your fingers to shape the edges.
There, you have your perfectly flatten acrylic nail brush.
How do you flatten your brush? Let me know in the comment section below.
Was this article helpful? You can share it on any social media platform by clicking the links below!